Anti bot solution is the new big thing the IT Industry will witness in 2020. With the constant rise in the number of bot attacks, every business will have to secure their IT infrastructure against bots. According to a report, in the next 15 months, almost 50% of small businesses will be a victim of some kind of cyberattacks. So, businesses of all sizes will need some kind of anti bot security to secure their websites for smoother operations.
The main thing that can concern the businesses is their know-how about Bots and Bot protection. Many are unaware of what exactly bot is, how they can harm the business and most importantly what kind of anti bot solution will be effective to secure their company. This article aims at providing comprehensive details about bots and bot security.
What Are Bots?
Bots, web robot, WWW robot or Internet robots are programs utilized to perform repetitive tasks. According to a study, Bots comprises over 50% of internet traffic. Major Bots have Malicious intents. Bots aren’t new. In 1966 Joseph Weizenbaum wrote a ‘bot’ called ELIZA which grew to immense popularity.
Why Websites Need Anti Bot Security?
Bots are categorized primarily into 2 types, Good Bots and Bad Bots. Good Bots are helpful to all online businesses and Search Engines also Good bots help in improving the website’s SEO. On the other hand, Bad bots are unregulated with malicious intent that can destroy a brand’s reputation.
Anti Bot security helps your website against :
- Scraping – Bots can scrape the content, and publish them elsewhere. This significantly affects your website’s ranking.
- Server Overload – What if in a few minutes, your website gets thousands of traffic from a single IP address? This overload will stress the Web servers and chokes the available bandwidth.
- Ad Fraud – Ad fraud is a type of scam in which Bots repeatedly clicks on your PPC ads to make your campaign worthless. What you receive is fake traffic, fake leads.
- Fake Account Creation – One of the eldest techniques still used to alter perceptions, spread “fake news,” and manipulate reviews.
- Credential Stuffing – Credential stuffing is the automated injection to fraudulently accomplish access to user accounts for their own purposes. It is related to breaching of databases that are dangerous to both consumers and enterprises.
Must-Have Features In Anti Bot Security?
Your anti bot solution must have these features to provide advanced security against bots…
- A Dynamic script that changes on every request so it becomes virtually impossible for the bots to make a stable solution.
- Comprehensive browser fingerprinting that uses IP, User-Agent, WebGL, and other browser variables.
- A Global Database of IPs to mark bad IP and proxies.
- An AI-driven solution to identify bot patterns and block them on the go.
With over 5 years of experience in Bots and Anti-bot systems and with a solid understanding of the loopholes which are exploited by these bots, Trident Analytical Solutions have come up with a state-of-the-art system that fixes over 99% of these loopholes and provides comprehensive security against bots.